The IEEE Aerospace Conference
The international IEEE Aerospace Conference, with AIAA and PHM Society as technical cosponsors, is organized to promote interdisciplinary understanding of aerospace systems, their underlying science and technology, and their application to government and commercial endeavors. The annual, week- long conference, set in a stimulating and thought-provoking environment, is designed for aerospace experts, academics, military personnel, and industry leaders. The 2017 conference is the 38th in the conference series.
What Sets This Conference Apart
High-Quality Papers and Presentations. Each year, a large number of presentations are given by professionals distinguished in their fields and by high-ranking members of the government and military.
Science and Aerospace Frontiers. The plenary sessions feature internationally prominent researchers working on frontiers of science and engineering that may significantly impact the world we live in. Registrants are briefed on cutting-edge technologies emerging from and intersecting with their disciplines.
Multidisciplinary Focus. This is the only general IEEE conference designed to facilitate cross-fertilization of aerospace disciplines and dialogue among members of government, industry, and the academic community.
Exceptional Networking Opportunities. The conference provides extraordinary opportunities for discussions and collaborative dialogue with aerospace pacesetters. Professional exchanges, which often extend years beyond the week-long conference, benefit the participants, their organizational sponsors, industry, and the engineering and scientific professions.
Author Development. The conference provides unusually thorough and supportive paper reviews, relying on expert guidance from senior engineers and scientists and an opportunity for instructive interaction between author and reviewers.
International Participation. The conference attracts a growing number of foreign attendees. Representatives of 27 countries participated in the 2016 conference.
Sequestered Venue. The Yellowstone Conference Center and lodging nestle closely together in the small village of Big Sky, fostering communications and ensuring easy access to all events.
This Call invites papers reporting original work or state-of-the- art reviews that will enhance knowledge of:
- Aerospace systems, science and technology
- Applications of aerospace systems and technology to military, civilian or commercial endeavors
- Systems engineering and management science in the aerospace industry
- Government policy that directs or drives aerospace programs, systems and technologies.
The Networking Program provides opportunities for engaging with other conference professionals beyond the technical sessions. Networking events include:
- Saturday arrival icebreaker reception
- Buffet dinners at four evening meetings
- Pre-dinner receptions
- Midweek mountainside lunch
- Networking “Java Jams” prior to afternoon sessions
- Post-session fireside ice cream socials
- Friday evening farewell dinner
The costs for these are covered in the registration and guest activity fees.
An extensive activity program is available for guests. Recreation options can be found at http://bigskyresort.com/things-to-do
Who Should Attend?
This is a conference for Participants. Consider attending if you have a professional interest in aerospace engineering or science and wish to:
- Present results and insights from your own work
- Interact with colleagues who present papers in your field
- Engage with people and ideas across a broad spectrum of aerospace technologies
- Understand how your organization might participate in next year’s conference.